This API is designed to enable easy logging to and from a server and clients. It was developed as part of a college project (see the repository here or the hosted implementation here) and the functionality was extracted to make this API.
- Can log to a specific session or to all sessions
- Can log from server to client or vice-versa
- Log messages include severity
- Previously logged messages for a session are stored so they can be viewed in any new instance of that sesison
- Exceptions in the program are automatically logged
- Severe messages log to all sessions
- Includes example client-side implementation
- Easy to filter
- Works with existing
This API uses the
org.json libraries, as well as the Apache commons-lang3 library.